Promoting & Running a Challenge by Jenelle Summers
5-Step Invite Process & How to RUN the challenge
Why would a coach want to host a fitness “challenge” :
* Gives clear, concise, consistent about fitness+nutrition+support that we can share with EVERYONE;
* Creates momentum, confidence, and business profits thru equipping others for BETTER fitness success!
* An organized and systematic way to get focused on helping customers & also helps with recruiting new coaches;
* Build a team that has seen Beachbody RESULTS– find the power in support groups, in team engagements, etc
* Gives us a way to collect testimonials – the POWER is in the stories, not the details of workouts, etc.
* Removes the fear of a new coach as they get acquainted with “coaching” others in a group environment;
* Creates immediate income for new coaches regardless of their experience, location, age, fitness level,etc.;
* Important to have the RIGHT intention AND the right method! Get really good at forming, running challenge groups. Then teach YOUR new coaches to do the same!
STEP 1 – Initial Invite (If you are reaching out to them first vs them reaching out to you first)
INVITE with a ONE-to-ONE message or a FACEBOOK post. BEST RESULTS = DO BOTH!
EXAMPLE: Email or Facebook Inbox (copy & paste to at least 20-30 friends/family members):
“Hey Jill! I’m starting a 30-day Beachbody Challenge on [DATE] and have space for just a few more people! It’s going to just be a SMALL group of us in the “challenge” for better accountability and support to each other. I’m letting my friends & family members have first dibs before I do mass invite to all my facebook friends. It may not be something you need, or not right now, but do you want me to send you the details?
* Post with an inspiring picture! Post a few times per week (choose diff times on diff days)
* Get inspiring fitness pictures from Pinterest.com – type fitness in the search box.
* Tag your fellow coaches in the comments section beneath it so that you get some likes on there & get some EYES on this post!
Hey friends!! I’m starting a fitness challenge, like a “Biggest Loser” type of challenge on [DATE]! We’ll workout, eat clean, and keep each other ON TRACK for X days!! Let’s get our bodies BEACH-READY! Want more details?? Then click LIKE or comment below! J
TIPS*** In the “invite” msg or post, do not VOMIT info all over them about your challenge & do not post the link for them to order yet… get interest FIRST, ..i.e see STEP 2!!
STEP 2 – ENGAGE WITH A QUESTION ( If they reach out to you first, START HERE)
“Hey Jill, thanks for your interest in my Challenge! I have a few spots left! I will send the details of the “challenge”, but first I have to ask ..what are your fitness and/or weightloss goals? I want to make sure I’m giving you good advice!
TIP** Get to know more about what THEY want. If they decide NOT to purchase a challenge pack, at least now you know their goals and can suggest OTHER options and keep communications going & developing that relationship.
STEP 3 – SPECIFIC DETAILS, COMMITMENTS, & EXPECTATIONS
Wow Jill! Sounds like you are completely serious about (REPEAT THEIR WHY FROM STEP 2 AGAIN). I think this challenge group will help you get the absolute BEST Results (if you think they DON’T need a new program, or better nutrition, or more accountability then suggest what you think *will* help them!!).
Here’s the Deal…It’s simple.. FITNESS + NUTRITION + SUPPORT = SUCCESS
I want each person to see RESULTS. More want in the group than I can handle so, in fairness, I have to keep it to the first 5 or 6 who commit to buying a Challenge Pack from me.
(if you already have a coach, do a challenge with THEM, or can switch to me – but I don’t want to take you away from another coach you’re already working with them).
You’re probably wondering ..What’s in a Challenge pack? It’s 3 things most need for MAX RESULTS:
1) Your choice of a new fitness program (like Turbo Fire, P90X, Insanity, Slim in 6, etc);
2) A 30-day Club membership for custom meal planning;
3) Shakeology on HD. You can cancel later if you want ..no questions asked.
Plus, by being a part of this, we’ll have our own facebook group for daily accountability and support. This is ALL done online and everyone just does their own personal best!
The “challenge pack” price depends on what program you choose.. but they are HUGE savings to your customers/friends/family.
Thanks for your interest! I need this too and am PUMPED to start!!! You’d have to be one of the first to order from ME before I close the group. Let me know as SOON as you order, so I can make sure it went thru before I close the group!
If you’re still thinking, let me know & I’ll hold your spot for a day or two! J
STEP 4 – Follow Up & Give your BEST advice!!
Personally follow up. Let them know you’re just checking back in to see if they want one of your spots left.
1. Challenge Pack – advise on the fitness program you think would work best in their pack & reminder of few spots left..ask “do you need me to hold you a spot today until you decide?”
2. Just a new fitness program to try or to HYBRID with their favorite they’re using now;
3. Just a new fitness program, or one to Hyrbrid w/their favorite!
STEP 5 – Connect them to SOMETHING to help
If they respond back with a “no thanks”.. then be VERY understanding and give them some other NON challenge pack options that you truly think would help like ;
1. an accountability group you’ve started on facebook;
2. Your weekly tips via email
3. Your tips and motivation on your profile page or your LIKE page;
4. Keep in touch and help them get what THEY want regardless of a sale.
5. If they already claim to have everything, & they seem like a good fit for Coaching, then ask if they’ve ever considered becoming a coach!
How to RUN a challenge
Keep it simple! The challenge participants will be watching & wondering if THEY could do this!
1) Create a facebook group, name it and make it a “closed” group
2) Add your challenge participants to it BEFORE the challenge start date (a day or two before)
3) The day before your challenge begins, Get them PUMPED for it! Write an inspiring post, tell them you just want everyone to do their best & be COMMITTED.
An example first post (you can copy & paste this):
Ok team.. are you ready to start tomorrow?!?!
I’m SO excited to see who digs deep and gets RESULTS! I will be your support & accountability!
This is meant to CHALLENGE your habits and regardless of ANYTHING, you have to start talking POSITIVE thoughts and embracing the NEW habits! Can you do the following for me tomorrow?
1) First thing when you wake up, take measurements & weight first thing in the morning before eating but after going to the bathroom ..sorry, but we’re going to be intimate & sometimes there might be tmi in this group.. but we’re all about RESULTS, right?? 🙂
2) Take pictures from the front, side and back in a bathing suit or bra top & shorts (you don’t need to show pics to us, but should you choose to, for accountability purposes, the group is “secret” and can’t be seen by others.
3) Remove ALL trigger foods from accessibility (hide or pitch!! Do it!!!)
4) Plan what days/times you will workout and STICK TO IT or find a way to fit it in even when it’s not ideal or has to be shortened or modified! 🙂
5) Go to FreeDieting.com – input your info into the Daily Calorie Needs Calculator to see what your ideal calorie range should be for fatloss (do NOT use the “extreme” number). This will be approx the number you want to eat daily regardless of what you burn in your workouts.. do not go too far under or over this calorie allotment. Too far under is BAD-slows metabolism. This is just to know you’re eating the right AMOUNT, but WHAT you eat definitely impacts results too!
6) Login to teambeachbody.com if you want to use that for your meal planning. You have free access to that for 30days if you bought a Challenge pack, but you can cancel that club membership at any time (800)240-0913. Be sure you’re planning to replace one meal per day with Shakeology.
7) Please report back on this facebook group, the following info for tomorrow :
#1) Ideal Calorie range from the FreeDieting.com site,
#2) Measurements & Weight (you can pm me that info or just keep it to yourself if you prefer)
#3) What your struggles for weightloss are or have been (you can list MANY), whatever you’re willing to share, but the more I know, the more I can help and we can ALL help each other! 🙂
#4) Your goal(s) for this challenge!
THANKS!!! Who’s in??? Please check in DAILY!! 🙂
From there, ask your challenge participants to report in daily on their intake.. calories, protein, water, fruits & veg’s and ask what “habit” they didn’t give in to. This is what I suggest they report in on daily! They usually start bonding with each other from there! Each day, check in and give your support, answer their questions, cheer them on, ask how their day went, share tips from the teambeachbody.com site, share inspirational quotes and pics from pinterest and of your own. It is up to you if you want to offer a prize at the end for the person who “wins”. You could determine a winner based on the highest % of body weight lost coupled with inches lost. Or who had the most participation and effort.
Be real, be understanding, be supportive. But do NOT give specific nutrition advice like creating meal plans or workout plans. Acting as a nutritionist or personal trainer is outside of the bounds of a coach as we are NOT intending that role nor should we play that role in dealing with people ONLINE where we don’t know their history, their fitness evaluation, etc.