Running a business using social media can be tricky! Staying engaged with your customers is kind of a big deal. Facebook is a great place to stay connected. But what do you say? What do you post? When do you post it? How do you post… AHHHH!
I attended a leadership conference recently where I had the chance to hear from celebrity trainers and other fitness pros who have built their business using social media. I wanted to share a list of ideas I picked up that might help you with YOUR content strategy.
Don’t waste our time! Deliver content that delivers value:
Ideas for your social media topics!
- Resource or tool- what has been helpful for you that you can pass along to others?
- Entertaining- make us smile! Make us laugh! We want to FEEL good!
- Put someone on a pedestal- who’s horn needs a little tootin?
- Question or poll- only ask if you’re seriously interested in the answers! Interact with people answering!
- Up swing- share good news! What’s on the up and up?
- How to: Save time, money, energy!
- FAQ- what questions do you get asked over and over and over?
- Motivational- put a little pep in our step!
- How to system: in steps- break. it. down!!!
- Gratitude- show us how to have an attitude of gratitude
- This is who I am- be YOU x2! What’s something we might not know?
- Invitation- where can we see you? Play with you? Work with you?
Have a goal in mind when posting. What’s the point? Are you trying to build relationships? Drive traffic to your website? Share a new tip?
Do not post JUST to post. Set up a schedule to develop a content strategy for what you want to put out. Use a word doc to plan out your posts then schedule them out or in real time. You can totally recycle content so it’s awesome using something like a word doc to keep track of what you’re posting. (Google: social media calendar template.)
Check your analytics once a week.
When are people seeing your stuff? What kind of content do they really like from you? Check your analytics/insights! It’s the only way you’ll know what’s working!
Check in with your friends! Friend FIRST business second!
Remember, social media is about relationships! Nobody wants to be SOLD. Be a friend, be helpful, and the business will come from the most unexpected places.
Comment below… do you want more social media tip type blogs? How about a live training?